Coffee with Chris
Live Webinars Covering Everything Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Bookmark this page to access previous webinars and register for upcoming sessions.
Join Chris Young, resident ERP architecture and implementation expert, for live, monthly virtual sessions covering everything Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. You bring the cup of joe, Chris and his team bring helpful tips, training, and knowledge so you can take your business application skills and capabilities to the next level. Whether you are considering a move to innovative cloud ERP, are new to Business Central, a seasoned user, or someone running Microsoft Dynamics NAV looking forward – CWC is for you.
Cash Flow Forecasting in Business Central
Thursday, June 17th at 10:00 am
Looking at financial statements to drive business decisions is like driving down the highway looking in the rear-view mirror. Get proactive with managing your working capital with the powerful cash flow forecasting tools built into Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Break out those iced lattes and join this months’ Coffee with Chris to learn:
- How to configure and use the cash flow feature in Business Central
- How to set up a chart of cash flow accounts
- How to create a cash flow forecast
- How to analyze future cash flow
Businesses don’t fail because of a a lack of sales or inventory. It’s almost always because they ran out of cash. Don’t miss this session!
The Business Central Change Log
Thursday, August 19th at 10:00 am
So, you want to avoid unwanted changes in your system data? Business Central has your back. The change log allows you to monitor and track all modifications and changes made to your database by a user. And while this is a very powerful feature of Business Central, it’s also very dangerous…
How you use the change log can impact everything from performance to the size of your database to costs associated with management. But have no fear, Coffee with Chris is here. Prime that espresso machine, then join the CWC team to guide you on the how-to’s, do’s, and don’ts of using the Business Central change log tool.
Managing Your Business Central Data Capacity
Thursday, September 16th at 10:00 am
Data is liquid gold, but how much of it should you store on your BC system? Coffee time! Pour some hot java in that favorite mug, then join Chris and his team for your front-row seat in Business Central capacity management. Learn:
- What data storage is included with various Business Central licenses
- How to access and use Business Central’s Capacity page to view and manage storage
- Best practices to controlling and managing your data to keep the Business Central database running smoothly and performing optimally
- The capacity and environment add-on options you can use for performance and expansion
What’s New in Business Central: 2021 Wave 1 Release
Thursday, May 20th at 10:00 am
The April release shower brings May feature power! In January, Microsoft announced the planned feature inclusions for the 2021 Business Central Wave 1 release starting in April. Now it’s time to see these enhancements in action. From tighter Microsoft 365 (Microsoft Office) integrations to reporting enhancements, this is your chance to get up to speed with the latest in BC while enjoying that fresh cup of joe.
Reconcile and Repair Uninvoiced Purchase Receipts in Business Central
Thursday, April 22nd at 10:00 am
Unvouchered purchase orders shouldn’t be a struggle. The invoice was received, posted, and paid, but the process skipped an important step, and now those purchase orders will be stuck open forever, impacting everything from your balance sheets to infinite pending inventory cost adjustments. How do you fix this? What’s the right way? Coffee with Chris to the rescue!
Get your coffee on, then see Chris and his team walk through an example of what happens with purchase receipts that have not been invoiced, and how to reconcile and clean it up.
Business Central Document Management
Thursday, March 18th at 10:00 am
Spring clean and go green! Join this CWC session to get a thorough walkthrough of document management in Business Central so your documents can land where they belong, and you can make another step towards going paperless. Grab that shamrock mocha, then join Chris and the team to learn how to:
- Save time not having to search for files
- Remove the pain of losing another document, ever again
- Eliminate the risk of destroyed documents
- Reduce your carbon footprint, go paperless, and get green!
What’s All This About Attributes?
Thursday, February 18th at 10:00 am
It’s time to fall in love with Business Central all over again with this often overlooked but invaluable feature – attributes. Elevate your customer service and get better insight into your inventory by assigning attribute values of different types to your items or item categories, which can then be used when searching and filtering. Grab that java and join Chris to learn:
- How to quickly create and set up attributes in Business Central
- How to assign attributes to both items and item categories
- How to use the item attributes to filter and lookup items
- The different applications and benefits to unlocking this feature in BC
Don’t pass this one up!
Business Central Outlook Integration
Thursday, January 21st at 10:00 am
No more constant flipping between your email and your ERP – it’s a New Year, and managing structured data in an unstructured email environment just got a whole lot easier. See your Business Central information come alive in your Outlook environment. Get your favorite brew ready and join Chris to learn how you can quickly use the BC Outlook add-in to:
- Manage business interactions with your customers and vendors
- See financial data related to customers and vendors directly in your inbox
- Expedite creating and sending financial documents, such as quotes and invoices
- Automatically recognize customers and vendors to reply with details or dig into the sales history without leaving Outlook
- Much more!
Resolve to streamline work, automate processes, and coast into 2021 with Outlook integration already included with Business Central.
Approval Workflow Automation in Business Central
Thursday, December 17th at 10:00 am
Let Business Central be Santa’s little helper – creating approval workflows in BC is easier than you think and delivers faster processes with less manual work for the whole team. So, run to grab that eggnog latte, then join Chris and the team to learn how to have Business Central process approvals using internal notes or emails in no time. We’ll walk through how you can begin leveraging approval workflows for:
There is limited space on this sleigh, so be sure to register today!
The Big Business Central Fall Clean Up
Thursday, November 19th at 10:00 am
As we move further into fall and closer to the end of the year, it’s time to call housekeeping so you can tidy up finance and accounting. So grab your pumpkin-spiced latte then join Chris for a complete walkthrough of the big Business Central clean up, including:
- Verifying G/L Accounts and Setups
- Reconciling Bank Accounts
- Reconciling A/R, A/P, and Inventory to the GL
- Fixing and Purging Invalid SOs and POs
- Clearing out Invalid or Unfinished Production Orders
Navigating Business Central – How to Trace Posted Transactions
Thursday, October 22nd at 10:00 am
Wondering how to find the data living your transactions within Business Central, or how you will once you’ve upgraded to BC? Turn the brew on and join October’s Coffee with Chris to deep dive on accessing the details of posted transactions from anywhere. You’ll see:
- Navigation on the Browser Client
- Navigation from the Tablet Client
- Navigation from the Phone Client
- First look at Power BI – meaningful analytics on your transactions and more
This is a great opportunity to get familiar with the different interfaces and accessibility inside Business Central to see the true power, scalability, and advantage of Microsoft’s innovative cloud ERP.
Business Central 101 – The BC Breakdown
Thursday, September 24th at 10:00 am
Whether you are on Microsoft Dynamics NAV, looking to understand what an upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central brings to the table, or you are already running BC and want a refresher – this is your hour. Grab the java and join Chris for a complete overview of Business Central, including:
- A detailed walkthrough of the look and feel of the Business Central cloud ERP interface and layout
- A comprehensive overview of the breadth and depth of Business Central functionality
- Seeing sample transactions inside Business Central – including sales order, shipment, invoice, and cash receipt
- A look into the world of Business Central Extensions and Microsoft AppSource
- How to integrate eCommerce and credit card processing capability with EBizCharge