Coffee with Chris
Live Webinars Covering Everything Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Bookmark this page to access previous webinars and register for upcoming sessions.
Join Chris Young, resident ERP architecture and implementation expert, for live, monthly virtual sessions covering everything Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. You bring the cup of joe, Chris and his team bring helpful tips, training, and knowledge so you can take your business application skills and capabilities to the next level. Whether you are considering a move to innovative cloud ERP, are new to Business Central, a seasoned user, or someone running Microsoft Dynamics NAV looking forward – CWC is for you.
Diving Into the 2021 Business Central Wave 2 Release
Thursday, October 21st at 10:00 am
Ride the Business Central Wave 2 for enhanced productivity and faster user onboarding. This is your chance to see the new release additions and enhancements in action. Check out expanded finance and supply chain features, the closer integration to the Microsoft 365 (Office) Teams application, an upgraded new user onboarding and help experience, and more! Time to prime your coffee pot and take a dunk in the latest BC has to offer.
It’s Closing Time!
Thursday, December 9th at 10:00 am
When the weather gets colder and the holidays draw near, it must be getting time to start closing out the year. From reconciliations to retained earnings by dimension, this webinar packs more Business Central year-end tips than we have room to mention. So, grab your coffee mug and fill it to the top while you see these BC closing beats that Chris is going to drop:
- GL, AR, AP, and inventory reconciliation
- Exchange rate updates
- Process / post unrealized gains and losses
- Updating user posting dates
- Closing the accounting periods
- Calculating the retained earnings, by Dimension and closing the Income Statement
- Database Cleanup tasks including data retention, user setup, and security
Managing Your Business Central Data Capacity
Thursday, September 16th at 10:00 am
Data is liquid gold, but how much of it should you store on your BC system? Coffee time! Pour some hot java in that favorite mug, then join Chris and his team for your front-row seat in Business Central capacity management. Learn:
- What data storage is included with various Business Central licenses
- How to access and use Business Central’s Capacity page to view and manage storage
- Best practices to controlling and managing your data to keep the Business Central database running smoothly and performing optimally
- The capacity and environment add-on options you can use for performance and expansion
The Business Central Change Log
Tuesday, August 24th at 3:00 pm
So, you want to avoid unwanted changes in your system data? Business Central has your back. The change log allows you to monitor and track all modifications and changes made to your database by a user. And while this is a very powerful feature of Business Central, it’s also very dangerous…
How you use the change log can impact everything from performance to the size of your database to costs associated with management. But have no fear, Coffee with Chris is here. Prime that espresso machine, then join the CWC team to guide you on the how-to’s, do’s, and don’ts of using the Business Central change log tool.
Cash Flow Forecasting in Business Central
Thursday, June 17th at 10:00 am
Looking at financial statements to drive business decisions is like driving down the highway looking in the rear-view mirror. Get proactive with managing your working capital with the powerful cash flow forecasting tools built into Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Break out those iced lattes and join this months’ Coffee with Chris to learn:
- How to configure and use the cash flow feature in Business Central
- How to set up a chart of cash flow accounts
- How to create a cash flow forecast
- How to analyze future cash flow
Businesses don’t fail because of a a lack of sales or inventory. It’s almost always because they ran out of cash. Don’t miss this session!
What’s New in Business Central: 2021 Wave 1 Release
Thursday, May 20th at 10:00 am
The April release shower brings May feature power! In January, Microsoft announced the planned feature inclusions for the 2021 Business Central Wave 1 release starting in April. Now it’s time to see these enhancements in action. From tighter Microsoft 365 (Microsoft Office) integrations to reporting enhancements, this is your chance to get up to speed with the latest in BC while enjoying that fresh cup of joe.
Reconcile and Repair Uninvoiced Purchase Receipts in Business Central
Thursday, April 22nd at 10:00 am
Unvouchered purchase orders shouldn’t be a struggle. The invoice was received, posted, and paid, but the process skipped an important step, and now those purchase orders will be stuck open forever, impacting everything from your balance sheets to infinite pending inventory cost adjustments. How do you fix this? What’s the right way? Coffee with Chris to the rescue!
Get your coffee on, then see Chris and his team walk through an example of what happens with purchase receipts that have not been invoiced, and how to reconcile and clean it up.
Business Central Document Management
Thursday, March 18th at 10:00 am
Spring clean and go green! Join this CWC session to get a thorough walkthrough of document management in Business Central so your documents can land where they belong, and you can make another step towards going paperless. Grab that shamrock mocha, then join Chris and the team to learn how to:
- Save time not having to search for files
- Remove the pain of losing another document, ever again
- Eliminate the risk of destroyed documents
- Reduce your carbon footprint, go paperless, and get green!
What’s All This About Attributes?
Thursday, February 18th at 10:00 am
It’s time to fall in love with Business Central all over again with this often overlooked but invaluable feature – attributes. Elevate your customer service and get better insight into your inventory by assigning attribute values of different types to your items or item categories, which can then be used when searching and filtering. Grab that java and join Chris to learn:
- How to quickly create and set up attributes in Business Central
- How to assign attributes to both items and item categories
- How to use the item attributes to filter and lookup items
- The different applications and benefits to unlocking this feature in BC
Don’t pass this one up!
Business Central Outlook Integration
Thursday, January 21st at 10:00 am
No more constant flipping between your email and your ERP – it’s a New Year, and managing structured data in an unstructured email environment just got a whole lot easier. See your Business Central information come alive in your Outlook environment. Get your favorite brew ready and join Chris to learn how you can quickly use the BC Outlook add-in to:
- Manage business interactions with your customers and vendors
- See financial data related to customers and vendors directly in your inbox
- Expedite creating and sending financial documents, such as quotes and invoices
- Automatically recognize customers and vendors to reply with details or dig into the sales history without leaving Outlook
- Much more!
Resolve to streamline work, automate processes, and coast into 2021 with Outlook integration already included with Business Central.
Approval Workflow Automation in Business Central
Thursday, December 17th at 10:00 am
Let Business Central be Santa’s little helper – creating approval workflows in BC is easier than you think and delivers faster processes with less manual work for the whole team. So, run to grab that eggnog latte, then join Chris and the team to learn how to have Business Central process approvals using internal notes or emails in no time. We’ll walk through how you can begin leveraging approval workflows for:
There is limited space on this sleigh, so be sure to register today!