Coffee with Chris
Live Webinars Covering Everything Business Technology!
Bookmark this page to access previous webinars and register for upcoming sessions.
Join Chris Young, resident ERP and business applications architecture and implementation expert, for live, monthly virtual sessions covering everything technology, data, infrastructure, ERP, Microsoft, SAP and more. You bring the cup of joe, Chris and his team bring helpful tips, training, and knowledge so you can take your business application skills and capabilities to the next level. Whether you are considering a move to innovative cloud ERP or are a seasoned user – CWC is for you.
Why Cash (Application) is King and How to Manage It
Thursday, August 25th at 12:00 pm
There is no denying that cash is regally crowned. Still, your business shouldn’t handle cash application challenges through error-prone, tedious manual labor and Excel spreadsheets just to get it done. If you sell to national accounts, buying groups, or consortiums, where it’s common for customers to pay bills that cross multiple accounts, you won’t want to miss this month’s Coffee with Chris session, where we’ll cover:
- The cash application challenges when selling to national accounts
- Different ways to apply payments to multiple customers from a single check
- Facing the complexity of deductions or credits taken from one account and applied to another
- Reducing the risks of manual cash application processes
- How you can approach cash application with automation and accuracy
While your competitors are allocating financial resources to more strategic endeavors that impact the bottom line, you can’t require time for arduous AR management processes, so don’t miss this session! Queue that lunch delivery, add an iced latte, and SAVE YOUR SPOT!
Wave 2 the Business Central 2022 Fall Release
Thursday, September 22nd at 12:00 pm
Practice your best pageant hand and say hello to the latest Business Central release. Whether you’re a seasoned user or a business evaluating your cloud ERP options, this is your chance to meet and greet with the Wave 2 fall release and see the fresh additions and enhancements in action. Join Chris and his team to check out Business Central’s newest:
- Bank reconciliation improvements
- Financial reporting additions and account schedule replacements
- Reverse payment reconciliation journal entries feature
- Multiple remit-to vendor addresses capability
- Field descriptions for an even more intuitive user experience
- Easy install and setup apps
- Delegated admin security edit in Excel ability
- And much more!
Special Industry Spotlight Event: Finding Hidden Cash with a Centralized Print ERP/MIS
Thursday, June 23rd at 10:00 am
Starting with a painful estimating process that results in customers waiting for quotes and dealing with duplicate, error-prone data entry and job tracking – do you really know the ‘not so soft’ costs of managing your print operation in multiple systems? You may be surprised where you can find real, hidden cash when using a centralized print solution that enables seamless workflows.
Join this eye-opening, educational webinar to learn where operational vulnerabilities and revenue rifts lurk in your print business. Then, see how Microsoft’s unified print ERP/MIS solution can boost your profitability and productivity by handling every stage, from quote to cash.
Led by print industry infrastructure consultant and specialist, Amy Servi, from Clients First Print Solutions, you’ll learn about:
• Where your current systems are failing you and your bottom line
• The impact of disconnected print systems
• How to use software to support workflow, not just a place to store data
• What a centralized print management solution looks like from quote to cash
• Quoting and estimating 50% faster
• Having a single source of truth and removing data chaos once and for all
• And more!
Don’t miss this interactive, live industry event. Register now and receive our Finding Cash KPI Calculator that highlights the top four processes of a print operation where most of your cash can be found.
Surf’s Up! Ride the Wave 1 2022 Business Central Release
Thursday, May 19th at 10:00 am
‘Tis the sea-son for a new release, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Wave 1 is here with added and improved productivity, workflow, user-level security, and third-party integration features. Whether you’re an existing user or still looking under the hood considering a migration to Business Central, this Coffee with Chris session that takes a deep dive into the 2022 Wave 1 release is for you!
This month, special guests Ashley Ruggiri and Michael Sodano from ADP will also show you how to leverage powerful HR analytics and benchmarking technology. Learn how to monitor employee turnover, competitive pay, and OT using DataCloud, a Power BI connector, and integration into Business Central.
Covered highlights include:
- Blocking deletion of G/L accounts and posting group usage
- Sell-to and Bill-to updates in Jobs
- Reporting improvements
- New customer and vendor balance consolidation capabilities
- The highly anticipated Shopify connector
- Upgraded performance tools
- ADP Workforce Now integration, and more!
Unshroud the Cloud: When (and How) Should I Move?
Thursday, April 21st at 10:00 am
In a climate of growing remote workforces, data security threats, capacity shortages, and unrest in the supply chain, you can’t afford to ignore adopting a cloud-based business management solution any longer. Let Chris and his team guide you through the most cost-effective, least disruptive way to move to the cloud and help you develop your personalized migration plan.
Get that coffee pot fired up and join us as we unshroud the cloud! We’ll cover:
- The primary drivers and factors behind cloud migration
- How to identify the best timing for your business to upgrade to cloud ERP like Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
- Defining your business needs before investing in any new technology
- Cost and resource considerations in moving to the cloud
- First steps in mapping out your personalized cloud migration plan, and more!
Cloud technology is becoming the practical and affordable way to scale your business through all stages of growth. You won’t want to miss this one.
See That? Visual Analytics Made Easy with Power BI
Thursday, March 24th at 10:00 am
In any market today, you need to leverage and lean on data for fast, informed decision-making that optimizes performance, drives innovation, takes advantage of market opportunities, and gives you a competitive edge. But getting the reports and analytics that deliver the insight to drive the business forward is often veiled in complexity and intimidation, or seems to require scarce resources. Until now.
Join Chris and the team for a comprehensive walkthrough of Microsoft Power BI, the on-demand analytics platform that enables everyone at every level of the organization to make confident decisions with just a few clicks. You’ll learn how to:
- Use and create visually stunning reports quickly
- Have a report automatically generated for you
- Build and share Power BI reports from SharePoint lists
- Create a data-driven culture with easy-to-use analytics for everyone
- And more!
Don’t go another day without taking the steps to get the data you need to succeed!
Special Event! How to Win the Race in IT Security and Ransomware: Is Your Data Truly Protected?
Thursday, February 24th at 11:00 am
It’s estimated that acts of business-targeted cyber terrorism are growing at a staggering 500% year-over-year. The exponential increase in attacks has cost businesses billions of dollars in ransom fees, lost productivity, legal costs, consumer confidence, and stalled operations. Where traditional disaster recovery strategies focused on natural disasters, now, organizations of every size, industry, and location are susceptible to massive, even fatal, disruption. All it takes is one attack or event, and your business is in jeopardy.
Are you prepared and protected?
This special web event will help you ensure your business is adequately secured against the waves of IT hazards and ready to recover seamlessly from the inevitable! Presented by a 32-year certified IT and ERP expert, Mark Chinsky, this session will cover:
• Various tactics hackers are using, industry targets, and new threats to your business
• Common causes of downtime to prepare for
• Identifying cyberattack pathways
• Ransomware prevention and recovery methods to protect your business
• How to identify the risk areas of your business
• And more!
Every attendee will get access to an exclusive tool that helps you detect your business’s risk level and vulnerable areas so you can start making an action plan to safeguard your organization today. Don’t follow in the footsteps of companies that dragged their feet or buried their head in the sand until it was too late – join this web event and start your IT and data security action plan now!
Eliminating Your Top 3 Data & Technology Risks in 2022
Thursday, February 10th at 10:00 am
The dust has settled from the holidays and a new year is well underway, but are you prepared to meet the data, technology, ERP, and infrastructure challenges nearly every business faces?
In this Coffee with Chris 2022 kickoff, we’ll breakdown the factors and impacts of these top 3 risks posed to growing organizations, then cover the practical steps you can take in resolving them to protect your business, your data, and your competitive position:
• Inaccurate and Insufficient Analytics
• Ransomware, Disaster Recovery, and IT Security
• Cloud Migration and Adoption
Let Chris and his special guest, Mark Chinsky, help you resolve to march into 2022 with the education and tools that steer you away from danger and straight for success!
It’s Closing Time!
Thursday, December 9th at 10:00 am
When the weather gets colder and the holidays draw near, it must be getting time to start closing out the year. From reconciliations to retained earnings by dimension, this webinar packs more Business Central year-end tips than we have room to mention. So, grab your coffee mug and fill it to the top while you see these BC closing beats that Chris is going to drop:
- GL, AR, AP, and inventory reconciliation
- Exchange rate updates
- Process / post unrealized gains and losses
- Updating user posting dates
- Closing the accounting periods
- Calculating the retained earnings, by Dimension and closing the Income Statement
- Database Cleanup tasks including data retention, user setup, and security
Diving Into the 2021 Business Central Wave 2 Release
Thursday, October 21st at 10:00 am
Ride the Business Central Wave 2 for enhanced productivity and faster user onboarding. This is your chance to see the new release additions and enhancements in action. Check out expanded finance and supply chain features, the closer integration to the Microsoft 365 (Office) Teams application, an upgraded new user onboarding and help experience, and more! Time to prime your coffee pot and take a dunk in the latest BC has to offer.
Managing Your Business Central Data Capacity
Thursday, September 16th at 10:00 am
Data is liquid gold, but how much of it should you store on your BC system? Coffee time! Pour some hot java in that favorite mug, then join Chris and his team for your front-row seat in Business Central capacity management. Learn:
- What data storage is included with various Business Central licenses
- How to access and use Business Central’s Capacity page to view and manage storage
- Best practices to controlling and managing your data to keep the Business Central database running smoothly and performing optimally
- The capacity and environment add-on options you can use for performance and expansion