Are you already using SAP Business One dashboards? If you are, you will be fascinated that there is more information you can gather by adding “Actions” to your dashboards!
These actions allow you to quickly gain insight from the data that displays in a dashboard. In the example below, I added the following “Actions” to the Top 5 Customers by Sales dashboard:
- Open the Customer 360 advanced Dashboard
- Open Customer Card
- Search Customer Information with Enterprise Search
If this is something you are looking to try, here it is the step-by-step guide to adding “Actions” to your dashboards:
- Open Pervasive Analytics.
- From the window that opens, select the dashboard you wish to add “actions” to. I selected one of my favorite dashboards, Top 5 Customers by Sales.
- The Dashboard Designer will display. From here, click on
- In the list of options that display, select Actions To Be Triggered
This will open a window with options to define the “Action.” In our case, we’d like to set up an action that displays the customer card record. For that, I have made the following selections:
- Additionally, I’d like to trigger an Enterprise Search to see all the data associated with the customer.
- Additionally, I’d like to be able to open an Advanced Dashboard called Customer 360.
- Now that I have all my Actions configured, let’s click
- We will need to refresh the dashboard screen to look at our recent changes.
This option is located on the top far right of the screen.
- Now, when we right-click on a customer line in our dashboard, we can see the options we configured!
Search Customer Info
Open Customer Card