Today’s Blog features what’s new in SAP Business One 9.0 and focuses on areas of enhancement and new features related to Bin Allocation. SAP Business One 9.0 (now available) contains enhancements and additions meant to support the growing needs of the small and medium enterprise companies. So, what’s new in SAP Business One 9.0?
- All inventory processing supports bin locations
- Setup automatic allocations for receiving and issuing goods
- Bin location receipt & issue allocation screens for manually receiving and issuing transactions
- Ability to replenish bin locations
- Pick & Pack Manager supports bin locations
- Picking methods supports simple bin numbers and sequences
- Bin location allocation rules apply when handling batch & serial managed items
- Inventory transfers support bin location transfers
- Item Availability supports bin location visibility
- Productions Order bin locations are specified on both issue for and receipt from production documents
- Inventory counting supports bins locations
- Barcode fields support ‘per bin’ and ‘per item’
Many of the new features of SAP Business One have created new benefits for companies using the SAP Business One system. New reports are able to be run on bin allocations. Enterprises are able to minimize the potential risk of damage to the inventory while in the warehouse. How you ask?
Bin allocations give the user the ability to optimize the stock movement by carefully tracking inventory. This allows for much faster processing of orders, allows the user to significantly reduce the picking time, and allows for a real-time inventory count at all times in one designated spot in the warehouse. With a real-time inventory count, an enterprise is able to replenish items as soon as an item drops below a certain threshold that the user sets all while leaving the inventory in one spot.
The allocation of specific items into designated bins gives enterprises greater visibility into their inventory levels. An enterprise’s ability to manage their inventory levels skyrockets with the new enhancements to bin allocations. Companies are able to make much more informed decisions with an enhanced vision into the direct number of items on hand.
Another major benefit is the new warehouse efficiency reporting features. These features create reports that provide benchmark information for Key Performance Indicator (KPI) settings. These new reporting features allow for the ability to see KPIs which are lacking, resulting in less than maximum optimization. These results will show benchmarks, giving the ability to track Key Performance Indicators each time you run that report. This benefit gives the company a direct comparison of which KPI has been improved upon and which, if any, have struggled.
For more information on SAP Business One, check out our Blog, What is SAP Business One or for a detailed list of the new features of SAP Business One click here. You can also contact Clients First Business Solutions for Support of SAP Business One. Clients First can be reached by phone at (888) 239-2818.