Microsoft currently offers four on-premise ERP solutions as well as two SaaS based solutions.
The four on-premise (Which can also be hosted in the cloud) are: Dynamics Gl, Dynamics SL, Dynamics AX and Dynamix NAV. The two SaaS solutions are Dynamics 365 for Financials and Dynamics 365 for Operations.
In THIS article we go into significant detail on the history of the various Microsoft Dynamics solutions, where they are targeted and what the future may hold for them.
If you are on Dynamics SL or Dynamics GP, products and want to move to a solution that has a long term development future or the distribution and manufacturing functionality Dynamics AX or NAV provides, we recommend you take advantage of Microsoft’s “Product Line Transition” promotions.
Customers who are current on product maintenance get full investment credit for the cost of the original ERP purchase. If you spent $40,000 on Dynamics GP 10 years ago and want to move to say a $55,000 Dynamics NAV solution, you would only have to pay $15,000 to Microsoft for the switch. Of course some data conversion, implementation and training are involved, but Clients First can help you minimize that effort required.
Besides having a clear charted course for the future of your ERP solution you’ll gain many new advantages.
Some advantages of moving from Dynamics GP or SL to NAV
- More powerful and flexible multi-dimensional chart of accounts.
- Imagine being able to ‘slice and dice’ all of your business entities, department, even companies without growing your chart of accounts. Traditional solutions like GP require thousands of accounts as you add ways to measure you business. NAV does not.
- Latest technology to make mobile computing easier including a 100% Web Client option
- Broad and deep functionality in areas like advanced distribution, replenishment, warehousing etc.
- The ability to rapidly customize the solution to your unique business including drag and drop workflow and enterprise content management
- Native integration to Dynamics CRM (Now Dynamics 365 for Sales)
- Simple powerful reporting via Excel using Jet Reports for NAV.
There are literally hundreds of reasons to switch. Hit the chat button below to find out more. We also have extensive free online training and demonstrations at dynamics-nav-training.com