Version 4.5 of Sage MAS90 and MAS200 Now Shipping
Sage started shipping Version 4.5 of MAS90 and MAS200 on September 8, 2011. This new version includes a variety of functional enhancements. Details of these enhancements are in the following pre-release guide:
MAS 200 for Microsoft SQL Server now Available in the Business Framework
This is the first release where new purchasers of MAS200 have the option to use Microsoft SQL Server, version 2003 and 2008. Bringing SQL Server to MAS200 allows for much faster reporting and an easier time integrating potential custom or 3rd party solutions. Note that this doesn’t mean a 3rd party solution should directly write to the underlying MAS200 SQL Data tables. Always do that through either the Business Object Interface (BOI) or Visual Integrator which ensures the integrity of the accounting transactions within the system.
Remember that the SQL Version will not support the non-business framework modules such as payroll, work order, MRP or Job Cost.
Highlight of Enhancements for MAS90 and MAS200 Version 4.5
- Enhanced Benefit Accruals, More Deduction Calculation methods
- Automatically create Purchase Orders from Sales Orders
- There was basic functionality of this in prior versions of MAS90 and MAS200 but this gives much more automation and granular control to those companies that wait to get an order from a customer before creating a purchase order to their vendor or supplier
- Price Level by Customer and Product Line
- This gives an additional granularity level in using the 36 available price levels because now instead of it being a single level for the customer, you can say if a custom buys say, tires, any tire, they get “good pricing” which is 10% off list, but if they buy headlights, they get “best pricing” which might be 20% off of list.
- Family Pricing.
- I.E. if you by 10 or more markers you get a discount, BUT now you can mix and match colors. They don’t have to be the same exact item number to group up for quantity pricing.
- Enhanced Sales Order integration to Job Cost
- Distribution by Lot and Serial Number
- This is a long standing feature request. You can now ‘allocate’ a specific lot or serial number during Order Entry, not just invoicing. This means the warehouse picker no longer has to be the one to choose which serial number or lot to ship to a customer. Especially useful for companies that might sell something like carpet where the person taking the order wants to ensure the customer gets more from the same lot so that the colors match better.
- Split Commission by Customer
- The ability to setup, up to 5 salespeople associated with a customer. Previously, MAS 90 and MAS 200 supported split commission, but only as a manually entered, per order, setting.
- Commission by salesperson, by customer by item.
- Now at the intersection of a specific salesperson, selling to a specific customer, a specific item, you can setup a specific commission. Of course you can set it up less granularly than that as well.
- Sage MAS Intelligence Improved
- Some performance improvements and the ability to handle Reporting Trees. A concept more advanced GL users were used to in FRx.
- Free Sage CRM Server and user license.
- Now all users can install Sage CRM and one single user free to see if you like the solution. If you do, simply purchase additional user licenses. No need for a separate installation of the old MAS90/200 EES which conceptually goes away with this release.
What’s new in prior versions of Sage MAS90 and MAS200?
This MAS90 and MAS200 blog post we published earlier shows you what was added with each prior release of MAS90 and MAS200 so if you are on a version older than 4.4, you can get a feel for all of the new functionality you will receive.
Upgrade your MAS90 or MAS200 Now!
Call us at 866-677-6290 or email us at email@example.com to talk with an expert on what it would take to upgrade your current version of MAS90 or MAS200 to version 4.5.