SAP Business One 9.0 allows small and medium size businesses owners to manage bin locations for their warehouses. A bin location is the smallest unit of space in a warehouse where goods/products are stored. SAP Business One bin location function can be implemented per warehouse location. This additional detailed warehouse systems functionality allows SME’s (Small & Medium Enterprise) to effectively manage and maintain stock inventories effectively at the bin location level allowing them real time visibility of their inventory. This easily leads to improved picking process accuracy and more efficient warehouse space utilization and usage.
- Versatility: Warehouses can be split into multiple levels. SAP Business One 9.0 supports 4 sublevel dimensions like zone, area, row and shelf. Bin locations can be setup with up to 10 user defined attributes like size, weight, hazardous, frozen, etc. Sublevel and bin location codes can be manage manually or automatically with a batch generation/update/delete function. Bin locations can be defaulted on a ‘per item’, ’per item group’ and ‘per warehouse’ basis. Employees are able to define the warehouse layout and create bin locations with little effort. Storing items in individual or multiple bins make it possible for the user to find the items quickly and with ease.
Figure 1. Enable Bin location parameter setting at the warehouse level. This allows flexibility on activating this setting only on a specific warehouse where it is necessary on not on your other warehouses if you don’t need it.
- Attainability: Information on stock availability and location is readily available from SAP Business One 9.0 documents and transactions. These include GRPO/Goods Returns, AP Invoice/AP Credit Memo, Delivery/Return, AR Invoice/AR Invoice + Payment/AR Credit Memo, Goods Receipt/Goods Issue, Inventory Transfer/Counting, Receipt from Production/Issue for Production and Pick and Pack management. During the Goods Receipt, Goods Issue and transfer of goods SAP Business One 9.0 allows the user to automate the process of allocating goods from and to bin locations or perform is manually. Item Availability supports bin location visibility and bin location allocation rules apply when handling batch and serial managed items.
Figure 2. SAP Business 9.0 tracks inventory transactions such as Delivery at the bin location level as shown above.
- Enhanced Warehouse Operation: Efficiency-Improved put away and picking accuracy enabling significant employee time and efficiency gains to be made in the order fulfilment process flow. Picking methods supports simple bin numbers and sequences. It will be possible to utilize Barcodes on a per bin or per item scenarios respectively because this latest SAP Business One version support Barcode fields.
- Reduced Errors: Once the in house Inventory processes are standardize the bin functionality assists in increasing accuracy compared to processes made by informal practices. SAP Business One 9.0 allows the SAP Business One user to manage and process the Inventory better on the bin locations. They can view the information of stored items such as the item quantity and number of items. The system is also capable of restricting the storage of bin locations to a particular batch, item or item group as well as to receiving or issuing goods only. With SAP Business One 9.0 can now replenish inventory on bin locations when the inventory level falls below a define minimum.
SAP Business One 9.0 has also enhanced it bin related reporting tools. The SAP Business One user can get a quick overview of all the bin locations and check the inventory statuses and movements in bin locations using the following reports:
- Bin Location List
- Bin Location Contents List
- Inventory Posting List
Figure 3. Enhanced Inventory Posting List Report with details of the item bin locations at receiving time and at delivery time.
For more information on SAP Business One, check out What is SAP Business One 9.0, or feel free to contact Clients First Business Solutions at 888) 239-2818. For more information on SAP Business One Sales, Support, and Services, you may also contact Clients First SAP Business One Center of Excellence.