Companies across industries rely on software tools to keep operations running smoothly. Two of the most essential types of software for businesses — Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems — are typically purchased and used independently. However, as many businesses are starting to discover, ERP and CRM software provide the greatest benefits when they work in tandem.
Learn more about the advantages of ERP-CRM software integration and how combining your software’s abilities could help your company succeed.
What Are the Differences Between ERP and CRM?
ERP and CRM are both software systems used to streamline business operations. However, the two types of software have significant differences.
ERP software is engineered to handle a business’s back-end processes. This type of software product stores customer purchasing history, financial data and shipping and billing information in addition to company accounting information, inventory data and more. Essentially, ERP keeps track of vital data so you can use the information to streamline operations and provide business intelligence to company decision makers.
Like ERP, CRM software collects information about your customers, including their contact information and interaction history with the company. However, CRM software stores front-end data essential for pipeline management, sales tracking, generating leads and evaluating the success of marketing campaigns. While ERP deals primarily with production and process, CRM deals with people.
Why choose to integrate these tools? Because ERP and CRM software both collect and use data, connecting them means a more effective use of information for both programs.
What Are the Benefits of ERP-CRM Integration
Integrating ERP and CRM systems involves allowing them to share data with each other automatically. This comes with several advantages for any business, including:
- Data that’s always up-to-date: ERP and CRM systems store some of the same data, especially when it comes to customer information. Integration ensures that stored information is always up-to-date. Whether someone in sales or production makes adjustments, both systems will contain the same information.
- More accurate predictions: With data from a CRM, your ERP software can make more accurate predictions about shipping dates, anticipated product demand and more. Likewise, with access to big-picture purchasing data from your ERP, sales and marketing professionals can use your CRM to supply more accurate quotes and plan more effective marketing campaigns.
- Improved customer relationships: With access to all your customer data in one centralized location, you can improve your relationships with your customers, anticipating their needs and reducing the amount of time it takes to answer questions.
- Streamlined operations: Employees only need to enter data once with integrated ERP-CRM software. You can also automate workflow and help operations run smoothly across departments.
CRM and ERP Integration Across Different Industries
ERP-CRM software integration benefits businesses in a variety of industries. Businesses in the following industries can expect to see operational improvements when they integrate their software:
- Distribution: Increase customer loyalty and ensure orders get filled accurately and promptly.
- Manufacturing: Sync operations between the sales department and the shop floor for increased productivity and client satisfaction.
- Professional Services: Provide more accurate quotes and keep existing clients happy by giving employees access to the most recent information.
Learn More About ERP-CRM Software Integration
ERP-CRM software integration can help your business improve efficiency and grow your customer base, whether you’re in manufacturing, distribution or another industry. At Clients First Business Solutions, our knowledgeable consults can help you find an integrated ERP-CRM solution that meets your needs. Contact us today to learn more.